Follow

Autobots

Team » Autobots appears in 1555 issues.

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are a benevolent race of living machines. They are the protagonists of the hit cartoon and comic book, The Transformers. They always fight the evil Decepticons to prevent them from taking over the Universe.

Michael Bay casts Mark Wahlberg in Transformers 4

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

http://michaelbay.com/?p=1301

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) – After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming “Pain and Gain,” Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated “TRANSFORMERS 4.” The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.
    “Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on “Pain and Gain” and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy,” said Bay.
    Bay will direct the next installment in the “TRANSFORMERS” series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.
    Bay’s first “TRANSFORMERS” film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment “TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN” in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, “TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON” was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.
    From acclaimed director Michael Bay comes “Pain and Gain,” a new action comedy starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie. Based on the unbelievable true story of three personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong. Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Rebel Wilson, and Bar Paly also star. The film is based on magazine articles by Pete Collins, with a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and produced by Donald DeLine, Michael Bay and Ian Bryce.
    “PAIN AND GAIN” opens in theaters everywhere April 26th, 2013.
    geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By geoff2005

WTF there going to be transformers 4? i thought they were done after 3?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SandMan_

Yup I heard.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrDirector786

@geoff2005 said:

It was going to end with the third but because of how much money it made I think Paramount demanded another one.

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By geoff2005

@MrDirector786 said:

@geoff2005 said:

It was going to end with the third but because of how much money it made I think Paramount demanded another one.

cool, hopefully mark wahlberg puts his creative input in to make the movie great. I enjoy all 3 but felt that last 2 were okay...

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well I think it was pretty much expected they where going to change the human characters around.But changing the "main" human is not going to improve the film.I would like to see changes that actually make a difference to the film but with three films already made I doubt Bay is going to change things that are really important.

As a fan I would still like to my statement to become false,only time will tell I guess.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrDirector786
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

Here's a brief statement Wahlberg had about being in the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.