Follow

Ashake

Character » Ashake appears in 20 issues.

Ashake lived throughout Kenya during part of the Pharaonic times. She was a powerful sorceress and virtually identical to the modern heroine Storm, who is Ashake's "granddaughter many times removed".

Ashake's BIO (SPOILER WARNING!!!!)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WARLOCK2792

SPOILER WARNING ALERT!!! I am about to show you guys my article for Ashake. I was originally going to try to give it to wikipedia so that they could make better since of it. But, instead, I'm going to try to give it to this place. My goal for this thread, is to give Ashake a far more detailed BIO, since I have good information. Help wanted/needed/appreciated.

New Mutants

Ashake was an ancient Egyptian Sorceress who made her first debut in New Mutants #32. In her first appearance, she encountered the New Mutants Magik and Mirage. As a result of a teleportation malfunction, Magik and Mirage were sent back in time to ancient Cairo, Egypt, where they were immediately chased by Egyptian guards. They were rescued due to an illusion spell cast by Ashake. The sorceress then welcomed the young women into her home, where Magik immediately noted the Uncanny resemblance she had to Ororo Munroe. Ashake explained to the mutants that she is an ancestor of Ororo Munroe, saying she is her granddaughter although many generations removed. She also said that it was she who drew them back , stating that she felt them tumbling through time. After their discussion, Ashake offered them both sanctuary and a way to get back home. The next morning, Ashake used a guiding and teleportation spell to send the young mutants back to their time.

Mystic Arcana

Ashake’s New Mutants debut was later greatly enhanced and slightly altered for the magic-based mini-series “Mystic Arcana”. In this version, Ashake is seen as the creator of Tarot Cards, using them to find Magik and Mirage. Shortly after saving them, she gives them refuge, and while Mirage sleeps, Magik goes to find Ashake. Ashake then uses her one-on-one time with Magik to explain her matrilineal powers, her devotion to the Gods, especially Ma’at, and attempts to give Magik hope for the darkness within her. However, their talk is interrupted when Ashake senses the evil sorcerer, Heka Nut, coming for them. After cloaking Mirage in an invisibility spell, the two women attempt to hold back Heka Nut’s minions assault, but they fail and both are captured. While in captivity, Heka Nut informs them that he wants the Sword of Bone, a sword of raw power that is one of the cornerstones of creation. He commands the two women to get the sword for him, taking Ashake’s soul hostage to ensure a deal. Despite pleas from Ashake, Magik reluctantly agrees to the quest, and the two go on to fetch the sword for the sorcerer. Having retrieved the Sword of Bone, they then give it to Heka Nut. But since the sword only works for those of pure spirit, it transformed back to its original state, since it left Ashake’s hands and entered his. With Heka Nut distracted, Magik attacked him, severing him from his powers and freeing Ashake’s soul from his grip. But instead of killing him, Ashake explained that he was once a good man and mediator for the Gods, but that his power tempted him and the fault is not the “urn’s” but its maker. With his brilliant mind shattered, Heka Nut then aimlessly wanders off into the desert, and Ashake bottles his dark magic into a mystic urn, giving it to the sphinx Ammut for safe keeping. Wishing them well, Ashake uses a guiding spell, and sends the girls on their way.

Present Day Return

With Ian Mcnee gathering all of the cornerstones needed, he then, with the aid of Morgan Le Fey, Llyra, and Ashake, uses their power to restore Heka Nut, using himself as a vessel. But Oshtur is revealed to have really been Chthon in disguise, and says that now Heka Nut will consume Ian, making him his slave and the perfect vessel to bring the world to him. But Ian Mcnee calls for the aid of the Sorceress Morgan Le Fey, Llyra, and surprisingly, Ashake, who has literally flown through time for this final fight. Morgan Le Fey and Llyra proceed to bind Chthon, while Ashake reasons with Heka Nut, reminding him of the friendship they once had, and the man he once was. Heka Nut then remembers his past and that it was his jealousy of Ashake and Chthon’s promises that made him turn evil. Utilizing their strength, Ian and Heka Nut hold back the ritual, and Ashake frees Heka Nut with the Sword of Bone. Ian then banishes Chthon, but since one of the relics was of the Elder God’s power, Ian’s own soul was tainted and Ashake had not returned to her own time. Then, before their eyes, the true Oshtur appears and says that all hope is not lost, and that they should be proud and rest. She explains that Ashake is now present to help Ian, due to the fact that his soul is tainted and the cornerstones of the magic universe still must be saved. The book CROSSROADS is expected to continue with the journey of the two sorcerers.

Powers and Abilities

Ashake is a very powerful white magic sorceress. It was said in Mystic Arcana: Nico Minoru that she was trained by the very Gods themselves although her favorite appears to be Ma’at a.k.a. Oshtur. Ashake has displayed many different magical skills due to invoking the names of deities. Some of the known spell feats she has performed are invisibility, shield generation, illusion casting, premonition, telepathy, summoning the mystic creature Ammut, and the ability to see into the future via Tarot Cards. Ashake has only ever used white magic. Her spirit has been said to be pure and she has successfully wielded the Sword of Bone. She also possess the ability to fly.

Feel free to comment.

Frisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Frisco

Wow, this is well done.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Frisco says:

"Wow, this is well done. "
    Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Just wondering if anyone has anything negative/positive to say before I submit it. Again thanks for the comment.
    Frisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Frisco

I doubt anyone would have anything negative to say about it. :)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Thanks! Well, I'm gonna go for it! Thanks again for your comment, really inspiring vot of confidence.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By NiteFly

Nice writing. I don't know much about the character myself, so I don't have much constructive to say. Remember that even after you submit it you can update/upgrade it any time you feel like, so I wouldn't worry too much about going ahead and submitting it.

I think I probably speak for most of us around here when I say that we can never have too many good writers around here, so I hope you have plans to do more! This is especially important for lesser known characters (this one is at least lesser known to me).

Frisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Frisco

No problem. If it isn't accepted, the guy who rejects it is nuts; plain and simple.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WARLOCK2792

NiteFly says:

"Nice writing. I don't know much about the character myself, so I don't have much constructive to say. Remember that even after you submit it you can update/upgrade it any time you feel like, so I wouldn't worry too much about going ahead and submitting it. I think I probably speak for most of us around here when I say that we can never have too many good writers around here, so I hope you have plans to do more! This is especially important for lesser known characters (this one is at least lesser known to me)."
    Yeah, this one is a little less prominent since she is a past character. However, with the buzz around Mystic Arcana and the future spin-off, I think she will gain a larger fan base.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Frisco says:

"No problem. If it isn't accepted, the guy who rejects it is nuts; plain and simple."
    LOL, well then, consider it sent!
    Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Tahdigga

cool

SonofaGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By SonofaGoddess
    @White Mage said: 

Powers and Abilities

Ashake is a very powerful white magic sorceress. It was said in Mystic Arcana: Nico Minoru that she was trained by the very Gods themselves although her favorite appears to be Ma’at a.k.a. Oshtur. Ashake has displayed many different magical skills due to invoking the names of deities. Some of the known spell feats she has performed are invisibility, shield generation, illusion casting, premonition, telepathy, summoning the mystic creature Ammut, and the ability to see into the future via Tarot Cards. Ashake has only ever used white magic. Her spirit has been said to be pure and she has successfully wielded the Sword of Bone. She also possess the ability to fly.

Feel free to comment.

"
    If she was trained by the elder gods set and cthon how can her soul be pure. How can she have learned chaos magic and dark magics and kept a pure soul. 
    SonofaGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By SonofaGoddess

one more thing does anyone know where I could find pics or info on ayesha or what issues she was mentioned in 

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @SonofaGoddess said:
    "one more thing does anyone know where I could find pics or info on ayesha or what issues she was mentioned in  "
    No pics of her yet.  She was mentioned in "The Marvel Tarot".

@SonofaGoddess said:
    "@White Mage said: 

Powers and Abilities

Feel free to comment.

"
    If she was trained by the elder gods set and cthon how can her soul be pure. How can she have learned chaos magic and dark magics and kept a pure soul. 
    "
    Nope.  She was not trained by Chthon or Set.  The "Good Gods" trained Ashake and Heka Nut, but they favored Ashake, so Heka Nut SOUGHT OUT the bad God Chthon.  The evil ones had nothing to do with their training.  And Ashake and her bloodline are the property of Oshtur.  So even though she had training from all of the "Good Gods", Ma'at is still the one who has the most influence, since she is her true Goddess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.