Batman has faced a lot of talented and deadly characters in this monthly gauntlet. From Taskmaster to X-23, DC's most iconic street level hero has his abilities put to the test each and every month. Seeing as this is the Batman Battle of the Month for April, we thought we'd do something really fun. Sure, we could have selected someone like Galactus or give Wayne five minutes of prep time and then have him go against the Avengers, but none of those options even remotely compare to the combatant we've selected. Can Batman overcome Squirrel Girl, a character that could possibly be his greatest challenge yet? Will he walk away the victor or will the onslaught of claws be too much for Bruce to handle?
- Combatants are in character (aka morals apply for both).
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep/prior knowledge for either).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 40 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
- Both characters have their standard gear. For simplicity's sake, let's say there's something just like Central Park 3 blocks away. Assume it has a moderate amount of squirrels.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Just to clarify: Batman has his New 52 gear, however, his skill feats from the pre-52 era can be taken into account since he's supposed to be as skilled as he once was. Plus, that just makes things more fun to speculate, right?
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging. Throw in the fact this is the April edition and you can bet there's going to be a lot of lighthearted posts made for both sides. Long story short, be cool.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining and name calling. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. And yes, odds are we'll opt to highlight the funniest posts in Friday's update.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- A Viner Argument for both characters ().
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future "Batman: Battle of the Month" suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter!