Follow

Arkham City

Location » Arkham City appears in 108 issues.

Within the Rocksteady games continuity, a section of Gotham where all the criminals are locked in, creating a new version of Arkham Asylum as a "city."

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition Announced for Wii U

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

As you may know, E3 is currently underway and announcements and updates are coming left and right. One that come out yesterday was another version of Batman: Arkham City. The "Armored Editoin" will be made for the Wii U and is being developed by WB Games Montréal.

How exactly will this version be different? Check out this video from Nintendo to see if it's something you'd want to get your hands on.

The game is scheduled to be released during the holiday season this year.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

My tweet from yesterday still sums up my feelings:

Sorry Nintendo and Warner Brothers, I'm not buying Batman Arkham City again, no matter how many lame modes you add. e3

This also sums up my feelings:

You did it Nintendo! You finally made "boring" into a video game.nintendolande3
    KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

do they give you a huge tv? cuz thats the only way people are going to buy it.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By the_fallen11

Yay!! let's all thank Nintendo for showcasing games that came out last year! (obviously sarcasm) I agree with Elfring..no way I'm buying a game I already have for some MINOR tweaks to gameplay sorry Nintendo, but I think I fell asleep during your press comfrencss at one point.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@the_fallen11 said:

Yay!! let's all thank Nintendo for showcasing games that came out last year! (obviously sarcasm) I agree with Elfring..no way I'm buying a game I already have for some MINOR tweaks to gameplay sorry Nintendo, but I think I fell asleep during your press comfrencss at one point.

And that's why we all must buy Tank! Tank! Tank!

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By feargalr

It's nice to see some new third party stuff on a nintendo system, but this isn't a console seller by any definition.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Kal'smahboi

That's actually pretty cool. No way it sells that controller though.

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mumbles

looks neat

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deadpool25mm

Looks cool how the gagets work.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ARMIV2

This would be something I would get if I didn't already have Arkham City.

And I'm not getting it again, darnit! I'm still around 80%!

Avatar image for sapphire_warlock
    Sapphire Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sapphire Warlock

Yay! Another watered down port!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NightFang3

@Mumbles said:

looks neat

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Look, I love the gameplay and designs of the Arkham series as much as the next fanatic, but there is no way in heck you're going to convince me to buy a game for a system I don't even own or WANT to own.

They tried that with Lockdown, and low and behold, it didn't live up to the title Arkham City. Plus the graphics....eew.

Why not release more DLC for Arkham City instead? I'd kill to see several "defeated" enemies returning for side missions, kind of like the one with Bane. Maybe one with getting Solomon Grundy out of the city and back into the swamps?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

That looks awesome. At least we know there are going to be good games for the wii u

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By RedOwl_1

I haven't played Arkham Asylum or City (Because my PC is very weak and I just have a Wii and a PSP) and this look like a nice chance..... But there's no way I'm gonna buy a WiiU, Man that sh*t is TOO EXPENSIVE, so better forget it.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15  Edited By SevanGrim

lol this doesnt seem as bad to me as it apparently does to most of you. It doesnt seem watered down, thats for sure.

It looks like the game, ported to the wii with some of the features from the iOS game (which is just a brawler). The power suit abilities and the motion controlled batarangs are in there.

This seems like they are simply giving Nintendo people two games that the rest of us have been playing forever in one. If you're a Xbox/PS3 and iphone owner, there is nothing new here. But if you are one of those sad souls who ONLY plays Wii for whatever hellish reason, this is one time where the wait may be worth it. Maybe. But i dont seem to see the horror most of you do...

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#16  Edited By SevanGrim

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Look, I love the gameplay and designs of the Arkham series as much as the next fanatic, but there is no way in heck you're going to convince me to buy a game for a system I don't even own or WANT to own.

They tried that with Lockdown, and low and behold, it didn't live up to the title Arkham City. Plus the graphics....eew.

Why not release more DLC for Arkham City instead? I'd kill to see several "defeated" enemies returning for side missions, kind of like the one with Bane. Maybe one with getting Solomon Grundy out of the city and back into the swamps?

they arent trying to sell this game to anyone who has already played BAC unless they are SUPER hardcore Batfans. They realize that this is at best a 10% improvement to a game people are already full of. The point of this is game is to appease Wii owners. Wii has fallen into the habit of not being in time with everyone else, but really delivering when they do. They are trying to give wii owners their own boasting rights besides "my kid and grama love this thing".

and you shouldnt expect anymore content from BAC. They are done. They just wanted to put their game on that final platform, and they probably have been working on porting it over since it launched.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks pretty intense to me!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sethysquare

@Grim said:

they arent trying to sell this game to anyone who has already played BAC unless they are SUPER hardcore Batfans. They realize that this is at best a 10% improvement to a game people are already full of. The point of this is game is to appease Wii owners. Wii has fallen into the habit of not being in time with everyone else, but really delivering when they do. They are trying to give wii owners their own boasting rights besides "my kid and grama love this thing".

and you shouldnt expect anymore content from BAC. They are done. They just wanted to put their game on that final platform, and they probably have been working on porting it over since it launched.

Exactly what grim said. I dont think they're selling this to anyone who has played Arkham City unless they're hardcore fans. Its for the Wii audience.

Not sure why Necrotic is comparing this to Arkham Lockdown. My impression is that this is exactly the same Arkham City, with added features.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethysquare:

I compared it to Lockdown because Lockdown was one of the first "repeats" given to fans on a different console, despite the advertisement that stated it was a prequel of sorts to the gameplay in Arkham City.

Because of the repetition is why I used it in comparison with the Armored Edition.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sethysquare

@sethysquare:

I compared it to Lockdown because Lockdown was one of the first "repeats" given to fans on a different console, despite the advertisement that stated it was a prequel of sorts to the gameplay in Arkham City.

Because of the repetition is why I used it in comparison with the Armored Edition.

oh okay. Cos when you said

It felt like you were saying this would be a different version. Because from what I know, Lockdown wasn't produced by Rocksteady and they were just making a really concise version on a portable platform.

To me, this reads like its going to be exactly the same game except with added features. But this practically is the same game, so if you already played it then no point buying it again.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethysquare:

I'll personally stay away from it. My focus now is on Injustice: Gods Among Us (Flash + Superman punch in space=woah, wat just happened?)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sethysquare

@sethysquare:

I'll personally stay away from it. My focus now is on Injustice: Gods Among Us (Flash + Superman punch in space=woah, wat just happened?)

I don't see a point if you already played it because its exactly the same.

But I have a dilemma right now because Im planning to get a ps3 to play arkham city and other games. But it seems like this one would have added features so Im contemplating buying Wii.

Oh well, I'll think it about it another day and yes, Injustice Gods Among Us looks crazy good.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By cosmo111687

Awesome! A new way to display the start menu!.....

fluffypigeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fluffypigeons

this looks so cool!!!!!!!!!!

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SteveRogers
    No Caption Provided

Once Durango and Orbis drops next year!

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By KidSupreme

cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.