Follow

Arkham City

Location » Arkham City appears in 108 issues.

Within the Rocksteady games continuity, a section of Gotham where all the criminals are locked in, creating a new version of Arkham Asylum as a "city."

Arkham City: What Is It Missing?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Ok so Batman: Arkham City has been out for a number of months now and is quite easily one of the games of the year. Great story, great characters, it's awesome right? BUT nothings perfect, what would you add in to the game to make it more interesting? More playable characters? Better gadgets? different storyline? The more I think about it, the more I would have liked to see:

• The Batcycle

Ok in my dreams it would be the Batmobile but lets face it, that just wouldn't work, however would it be to much of a stretch to have the Batcycle airdropped in to Arkham so Bats could go zipping round the streets while taking down the bad guys with a number of cool gadgets? I think it could work, or if not how about the Batwing?

• The Cave

I know we got to see the Batcave lite in Arkham Asylum but I would have loved to have seen the real deal in all it's creepy glory, T-Rex and giant penny and all. Maybe Alfred and Babs could have been there so we could have finally seen these characters in the flesh, as it were.

• Robin Story Mode

Ok this could just be my fanboyism talking (as I like all the Robins better than Batman himself *GASP* I know) But I would have loved to have played as Robin in an actual story line and not just challenge maps.

No Caption Provided

Ok so what do you guys think, any ideas on what you would have included?

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mayo88m

A good ending. =/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Mayo88m: that it?

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mayo88m

@spiderbat87

Nah, there are other things, but that is the most annoying part of it for me. Especially considering how people are praising it for being so brilliant, like they can't see how anti-climactic it really is. When something that epic happens it needs to be more involved I think. It's like they threw it in there just to get a rise out of people.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Mayo88m said:

@spiderbat87

Nah, there are other things, but that is the most annoying part of it for me. Especially considering how people are praising it for being so brilliant, like they can't see how anti-climactic it really is. When something that epic happens it needs to be more involved I think. It's like they threw it in there just to get a rise out of people.

Well how would you have rather it ended? use spoiler tags.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Honestly I was fine with the game and everything in it, I think adding anything else like the Batmobile or anything like that would have been pushing it. The Batwing fit into the story fine as it had a purpose, much like in the first game which the Batmobile did as well, but anything else I think would have been pushing it a little.

Overall I loved the game, the story, the villains, the side-characters, and how the game leaves hints for a third installment. In my opinion they couldn't have made a better Batman game (well, until the third one I mean :P).

As for the things I would have liked to see, I agree with you that I would have liked to see some form of the Batcave in the game like we did in the first, maybe not the ACTUAL Batcave but at least some kind of secret Bat-Bunker that I wouldn't be surprised of Bruce having, along with others, scattered around the city in different locations encase he was somehow unable to return to the main Batcave. But then again, I guess that would have made Mister Freeze's part of the story a bit less needed as Bruce could have have just gone to the Batcave and not needed Freeze's help.

But I also agree that they should have made characters like Robin and Nightwing (I think he's only playable in the challenges, but I'm not positive on that...) playable in the story mode after you beat the game like you can with Catwoman. As well, I would have liked that the alternate costumes been available in the game instead of being that downloadable content crap and instead been unlocked after maybe like solving the side-missions like with Riddler and such. I think there were enough side-missions for each alternate costume if I'm doing the math right? O_o

But really, there's not anything I would have changed involving Batman using his vehicles and such, how the played everything out was perfect in my opinion and made for a wonderful gaming experience for any Bat-fan.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Or35ti

They're probably saving the Batcave/Batcycle/Batmobile/Batwing/Bateverything-else for Arkham Asylum 3 (I think it's gonna be called Arkham Unleashed or something) which sounds pretty sweet. Imagine roaming through the city with a Batmobile and then chillin' in the Batcave afterward. A Batcycle in Arkham City sounds like a pretty sweet idea tho. I'd really like to see Alfred and Damian in the next one. Hell thro in the entire Bat-family from all of his 11 New 52 books and I will be playing a virtual dream!!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

I'm in agreement on The Cave and Robin.

I would've liked it a bit more if they gave Nightwing a story, used Black Mask, used Maxie Zeus, and used more Two-Face.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

More Riddler and More Tim Drake, Oh and can a brotha get a little Cass Cain please

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mayo88m

@spiderbat87

No spoiler tags needed. I'm ok with WHAT happened, that's not the problem. Like I said, it's just so anti-climactic the way it all goes down. Once you start up the tower it's all a rush to the end, and everything happens so quick you don't really have time to digest it. This is just my opinion though, and I know many people don't agree.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Mayo88m said:

@spiderbat87

No spoiler tags needed. I'm ok with WHAT happened, that's not the problem. Like I said, it's just so anti-climactic the way it all goes down. Once you start up the tower it's all a rush to the end, and everything happens so quick you don't really have time to digest it. This is just my opinion though, and I know many people don't agree.

I thought it was pretty climactic just getting to the tower and then when it all gets down to the final stand.@War Killer said:

Honestly I was fine with the game and everything in it, I think adding anything else like the Batmobile or anything like that would have been pushing it. The Batwing fit into the story fine as it had a purpose, much like in the first game which the Batmobile did as well, but anything else I think would have been pushing it a little. Overall I loved the game, the story, the villains, the side-characters, and how the game leaves hints for a third installment. In my opinion they couldn't have made a better Batman game (well, until the third one I mean :P). As for the things I would have liked to see, I agree with you that I would have liked to see some form of the Batcave in the game like we did in the first, maybe not the ACTUAL Batcave but at least some kind of secret Bat-Bunker that I wouldn't be surprised of Bruce having, along with others, scattered around the city in different locations encase he was somehow unable to return to the main Batcave. But then again, I guess that would have made Mister Freeze's part of the story a bit less needed as Bruce could have have just gone to the Batcave and not needed Freeze's help. But I also agree that they should have made characters like Robin and Nightwing (I think he's only playable in the challenges, but I'm not positive on that...) playable in the story mode after you beat the game like you can with Catwoman. As well, I would have liked that the alternate costumes been available in the game instead of being that downloadable content crap and instead been unlocked after maybe like solving the side-missions like with Riddler and such. I think there were enough side-missions for each alternate costume if I'm doing the math right? O_o But really, there's not anything I would have changed involving Batman using his vehicles and such, how the played everything out was perfect in my opinion and made for a wonderful gaming experience for any Bat-fan.

Oh, dont get me wrong I loved the game it along with Skyrim are my favourite games to come out in the last few years but if I could customize it to just suit me then these are the changes I would make.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Or35ti  said: 

They're probably saving the Batcave/Batcycle/Batmobile/Batwing/Bateverything-else for Arkham Asylum 3 (I think it's gonna be called Arkham Unleashed or something) which sounds pretty sweet. Imagine roaming through the city with a Batmobile and then chillin' in the Batcave afterward. A Batcycle in Arkham City sounds like a pretty sweet idea tho. I'd really like to see Alfred and Damian in the next one. Hell thro in the entire Bat-family from all of his 11 New 52 books and I will be playing a virtual dream!!

Na its going to be called Arkham Beyond and it takes place 40 years in the  future, you play as Terry Mcginnis and  the SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.  has became the  president  of the United States and has put the whole country in to a "Battle Royal" like situation.     
    Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Superguy0009e

i really wish they could make an entire Gotham City open world Batman game, rocksteady could def do it

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By RainEffect

MOAR TALIA AL GHUL!

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The only way for you to improve it for me is to have it actually be in Gotham City. The third one (if there is another) should be really difficult, because the first and second games really didn't share that many Batman Villains other than Joker, Harley, and the Riddler (others made appearances in both, but weren't anything really special in both of them). It's gonna be a real challenge to explain why you have to deal with Two-Face, Penguin, and others when you just gave them a huge beating in this last one and it would just be like rehashing the first one if you fought Scarecrow and Killer Croc from the first one. The next one has room to improve (or better put push what you can do), but Arkham City is still at the level more games should try to reach.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.