Follow

Archie Comics

Publisher »

Archie Comics are the publishers of the Riverdale Gang's adventures as well as Sonic.

Archie Comics Reveals Full Line-Up of Variant Covers for ARCHIE #1 Relaunch

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Archie Comics shocked readers across the world with the announcement of this summer's game-changing ARCHIE #1 featuring the blockbuster creative team of Mark Waid and Fiona Staples. Archie Comics is proud to reveal the full line-up of covers for ARCHIE #1 available in comic shops July 8th.

Archie Comics Publisher/CEO Jon Goldwater spoke about the unprecedented relaunch of the fan-favorite series, “This is history in the making. For the first time in 75 years, we will have a new ARCHIE #1, by a chart-topping creative team in Mark Waid and Fiona Staples. An event of this epic nature deserves the red carpet treatment. With that in mind, we’ve reached out to some of the top names in comics to help usher in this new era of Archie."

"From Fiona to our top gun Francesco Francavilla to Robert Hack and Chip Zdarsky – the launch issue of the new ARCHIE series will be the best-looking book on the racks and a must-buy. Let your retailers know now that you want a copy, because I can guarantee you they’ll be gone before the release day is over.”

ARCHIE #1

COMIC SUPERSTARS MARK WAID AND FIONA STAPLES REIMAGINE AN ICON! Change is coming to Riverdale in this can’t-miss kick-off to Archie's new ongoing series! Familiar faces return in new and unexpected ways in this must-have #1 issue! As the new school year approaches, you'd think Archie Andrews would be looking forward to classes and fun—but nothing is as it seems in the little town of Riverdale. But is this a one-off or a sign of bigger changes awaiting for America's favorite teens—and the entire town? Find out in this exciting and remarkable first issue!

Script: Mark Waid

Art: Fiona Staples

BLANK SKETCH COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

On Sale Date: 7/8

32-page, full color comic

$3.99 U.S.

From left to right: J Scott Campbell, Colleen Coover, Tania Del Rio, Joe Eisma, Francesco Francavilla, Genevieve F.T., Michael Gaydos, Sanford Greene, Robert Hack & Steve Downer, Dean Haspiel, David Mack, Moritat, Mike Norton, Jerry Ordway & Jose Villarubia, Ramon K. Perez, Ron Salas, Chip Zdarsky, Brittney Williams, T. Rex &, Andre Szymanowicz, Greg Scott & Steve Downer, and Fiona Staples.

Avatar image for comicbookhoarder
    Comicbookhoarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I knew it they were going to bring him back. Whew!

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fables87

LOVE THESE! Like how one of them has the Josie and the Pussycat Fiona Staples poster in the background. SO GETTING THIS BOOK!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This totally isn't aimed at me but because Archie have been putting out a bunch of cool stuff I'd consider picking this up but even the power of Fiona Staples can't get me to read something written by Waid again.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the majority of these look great.... i was so hoping for a Skottie Young variant

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archie is now a hipster.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loading Video...

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By goonage

I think I might buy this just for Fiona Staples' art.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: If by hipster you mean "someone who is young and vaguely trendy" then sure.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

My interest is piqued a bit. Going to check this out.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So... for the first time in my life, after making fun of sister as a kid for reading lame comics, I'm going to buy Archie as a grown up man.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love archie so I'll try this

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By DonFelipe

Way too many variant covers and most of them are totally random and boring!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Archie has really been surprising me lately...it really seems like they're trying to branch out to the rest of the comic community with their books recently....Afterlife with Archie has been awesome and the first issue of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was great....with Mark Waid writing and Fiona Staples on art I'll definitely be checking this out

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@albusan: If by hipster you mean "someone who is young and vaguely trendy" then sure.

Just like "emo" went from describing a very specific rock subgenre to describing anyone who expresses any kind of emotion other than happiness, "hipster" now refers to anyone or anything that you don't personally think is cool.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Just like "emo" went from describing a very specific rock subgenre to describing anyone who expresses any kind of emotion other than happiness, "hipster" now refers to anyone or anything that you don't personally think is cool.

Yeah it's a word devoid of any meaning other than "I don't like this person because of what he likes".

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jonny_anonymous said:

I was really shocked yesterday when everyone kept saying that Superman's new "costume" made him look like a "bro"....if jeans and a t-shirt make you a "bro" then I've been one my entire life and never knew

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lagozzino said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I was really shocked yesterday when everyone kept saying that Superman's new "costume" made him look like a "bro"....if jeans and a t-shirt make you a "bro" then I've been one my entire life and never knew

Brohimself

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me crazy but the 'modern' art doesn't really fit him. At least in my very subjective opinion. I always have a soft spot for cartoon like design of the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

COMIC SUPERSTARS MARK WAID AND FIONA STAPLES

Holy. Sh_t.

I'm going to be an Archies fan in earnest. I can't believe it.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
    Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to know that Archie is alive and well!

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Ooh. I need to get into more Archie Comics now.. The last one I read was around this era..

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.