Follow

Archie Andrews

Character » Archie Andrews appears in 7852 issues.

Archie Andrews is an only child, who resides in the town of Riverdale where he attends Riverdale High. He has two girlfriends, Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge who both compete for his attention.

Mark Waid and Fiona Staples Announced as New Creative Team for ARCHIE #1

• 60 results
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

It's a both a blessing and a curse that Staples is only doing three issues. It's good because it keeps Saga on schedule, but it's a bummer because she's such a good artist. Hopefully their replacement artists are just as good, and maybe she can come back and do a couple issues each time Saga is on break.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I might be buying my first ever Archie comics.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I would love to see Cliff Chiang follow up Fiona Staple on this.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am truly baffled by the very fact that this comic still exists. 70 something years of kids in a high school. Amazing. Oh yeah: never even had the urge to open an Archie comic before.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Archie

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Am not really big on Archie, but this looks like it'll be some good stuff, and not just kiddie stories.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I don't know how to feel about this.

Seconded.

I'm not an Archie fan, so they can't do anything to lose my readership, but I wonder if the wholesome and timeless quality of it is working for them or against them. If they start incorporating mature themes into their mainstream title, I suspect they are going to find that people are no longer interested in them. I know back in the day, I got Archie comics just because it was something my mom deemed safe. Put in some angst or worse, and I think you'll lose your base pretty quickly.

I do have to say that I'm impressed with Mark Waid's involvement. He does high quality work, but is it what the series needs? I guess we will see.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Mark Waid and Fiona Staples is a dream creative team. Unfortunately, Staples is only on the first three issues and I've never had an attachment to the Archie stuff. I didn't read them growing up so I doubt I'll check this out. In any regard, that's some great news for anyone who is a fan of the Archie universe.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@syncig: not to be negative or anything but I disagree. Bringing big names in and starting from scratch seems over the top to me. I say stick to the numbering and continue on with the format they have been running with. Sure, bring in Waid and Staples, but why the renumbering? Staples is there for three, move on. Any story is a good jumping on point with Archie.

What I've always liked about the books is the minimal continuity of them. Sure you get references once in a while, but generally, stories are self contained so the writers can go different directions every time. Most times characters have the same qualities but the way it's done Betty and Veronica (or anyone) can switch up and be out of their norm for a story and it doesn't effect the rest of the book.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@donovan_montgomery: At this point, the number on the cover really doesn't matter to me anymore. Not only has relaunching to a new number one become the industry norm but I've switched entirely to collected editions. I understand your point of view though and I might feel the same if I had a history with Archie.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@syncig: The fact that it's the norm is my problem. I do like having consecutive issues not a new #1 every other year. Still disgruntled about Daredevil being renumbered,again, after only three years and Waid is involved in that. Doing the trades with DD from now on, they lost this monthly reader.....sadly.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Might check this out. Never read an Archie comic before.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.