Follow

Archaia

Publisher »

Archaia Entertainment is an American comic book publishing company focused on creator-owned titles.

Exclusive Preview: The Killer: Modus Vivendi #3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    The great thing about comics these days is we have so many choices. While I do love the superhero comics, it's always great to see high quality books in different genres. Throw in the "mature" comics and it's plain to see that comics aren't just for kids. 

You're probably aware with the variety of books that Archaia Entertainment puts out. The Killer is one of those books for readers looking for something a little different. 

Archaia has sent over an exclusive preview for issue #3 which goes on sale June 23, 2010. It's written by Matz with art by Luc Jacamon. Check out the preview below:
     == TEASER ==
    It's $3.95 for 32 full color pages in a saddle bound format (6.875" x 10.25").

Cuba. Our Killer is in Havana, his target a special commissioner in charge of the oil business. He begins to suspect that his job is one designed to further US strategic interests, and he begins to wonder at the true identity and motives of his employers. Our Killer begins to play a double game—a dangerous gambit already, but complicated further by his Cuban case officer, the beautiful Katia…

Mature Readers (series contains Nudity, Graphic Violence and Adult Content)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

Looks like an intriguing series, may pick it up if I have the time and money.
    The artist Luc seems may be french, since his art style certainly fits it.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dondasch

Enjoying the art style here, which is so rare for me these days, and the story looks great.  Will have to pull and hold this at my local shop.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Pizawle

Been really enjoying it thus far. Very sterile style to the art which fits it perfectly.

The cover of this issue is beautiful.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4  Edited By jakob187

I still need to get Volume 2 of the first story arc before I get into this.  I really love the artwork in The Killer.  So crisp, so clean, the colors are great, and it always has this very interesting feel in comparison to other books.
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By longbowhunter

I've been interested in picking up this series for a while. Think I may get the Vol.#1 hardback this weekend.
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By The Devil Tiger

The killer is a very good stuff, if not one of the best stuff french have done in comics those years. 

Most of french comics are french-centric in their way that we made only comics for ourselve, and are kind of obnoxious about the foreign readership. (We make french joke that are often comprehensible only to ourselve and the like...) 

This is not the case. So just buy it ! The first story arc is just AWESOME ! But don't expect a happy- go-brighty story...
    kareem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kareem

I read this series before once. Its pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.