Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Do you think they'll drop Poseidon's Trident on issue 49?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Wonder Woman issue 49 cover reveals they'll reverting Diana's costume back. Issue 49 for Aquaman reveals the same. Do you think they'll drop Poseidon's Trident on issue 49?

No Caption Provided

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like his power set now.. it will be a shame if they quickly reverted Arthur's power back. I just hope Poseidon's Trident will stay for good.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Where did you get that it looks awesome.. They reimagining the characters again?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't mind if he did. Honestly I don't want any reminders of this run.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: The feats in this run is pretty much impressive.. thats why I want the power set to stay :)

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid said:

@ashrym: @vinomonster: it's not confirmation but Booth the next artist draws Aquaman and Mera with Aquaman holding the new trident dig his Mera's design.

No Caption Provided

Who knows though Rise of the Seven Seasons could give the old Trident some mystical projectile type power.

That art looks sexy :) Love his illustrations!

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not droping Poseidon's Trident based on Aquaman #50 cover :) Im so happy for our King

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He should just use both making him more badass, a dagger that turns to a trident and his regular trident.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like the current look if it was drawn by Ivan Reis.. but if Arthur went back to the old design, i just wished they'll alter it to have a DCEU feels to it.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: is the new costume mimics Garth's? The new costume looks tempest-ish.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster said:

@ecstaticgrace: is the new costume mimics Garth's? The new costume looks tempest-ish.

:P
    :P

It's also not really new given that it appeared in Aqua history and I dont think Aquaman's being put into it as a new costume, atleast I hope not.

This is definitely not Arthur.. this is Garth..

If its a throwback I just want to see a different color scheme. Gold and Green is still the ideal colors.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They dropped it... But I guess he'll get a new gift from Poseidon. Pity because the trident is so much powerful.. Hopefully Dan will make Arthur more powerful in his run.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: I'm looking forward to that.. The current issue shows a lot of feats for Arthur.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Yeah read it earlier, I thought it was cool.. But the series isnt canon right? But I wouldnt be mad if they use that.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By comicfan11

@ashrym said:
    @vinomonster said:

They dropped it... But I guess he'll get a new gift from Poseidon. Pity because the trident is so much powerful.. Hopefully Dan will make Arthur more powerful in his run.

He's only showing the Atlantis royal trident on the next cover. The two covers after that look like he's keeping the orange outfit but he's back to a 3 tined trident again, so Wonder Woman's comment looks promising.

I'm all for a return to the normal costume and if he gets a new Trident (after what happened at the end of issue 48) with some powers it would be neat. But everything should be in agreement with the upcoming Rise of the Seven Seas. I feel if Johns wants Aquaman to have some more extra powers in the Trident, he will not make it have that many powers. Maybe water / ice control and the water teleportation.

I like that he had levitation, and lightning and blasts, but maybe that was to far removed from the concept of Aquaman (IMO).

But even if he returns to the original Trident, I'm still fine. It's powerful enough as it is and shows Aquaman's fighting skill better since it doesn't have the luxury of exotic ranged attacks or shields and stuff (though it can deflect magic and blasts).

@vinomonster: JLA is canon, but we don't know exactly when it happened. It's similar to the older JLA Classified series. Like an anthology of JL adventures.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: I like the ending but it doesnt answer on what trident is he using.. did he summon lightning using the trident? The Kings Trident hasnt have that feat.. maybe he was using Neptune's Trident from JLA?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: I'm talking about Hitch's JLA ..it happened after Batman End Game, Superman Truth, Renagade Green Lantern and Exiled Aquaman.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Abnett just might not be aware the regular trident doesn't do that.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: They kinda skipped the continuity.. but I think all answer will be on Rebirth.. I just can't wait to read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.