Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Current Tier of Arthur Curry with Poseidon's Trident?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

What do you think is the current tier of Arthur while having Poseidon's Trident? During the current run I've read a huge power boost especially with Poseidon's Trident.. I wonder what tier is he now.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: I think he is now on the same tier like Diana.. Having poseidons trident makes him more powerful than ever.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: he might stand against worthy Thor with that trident imo. He has a huge power boost and every feats in the current arc is totally impressive, I'm so happy that Arthur is really getting beefed up.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He's above unworthy thor but below worthy thor

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: He might stand a chance now unlike before.. probably they'll give him more impressive feats when Johns start his run on Kingdoms of Atlantis. I hate seeing Arthur always get left behind especially in Darkseid Wars.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vinomonster

So by strenght and feats I can say that currently Arthur is the 3rd most powerful leaguer. 1. Green Lantern 2. Wonder Woman 3. Aquaman 4. Superman 5. Flash 6. Cyborg and Batman the list exclude Shazam who I think shares the same tier as Diana.. Jordan is pretty much Beefed up with the Gauntlet (Gauntlet= 5 rings or 10 rings)

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Havent read the current Flash arc. Well Jordan is currently using a Guantlet that is equal to 10 rings irrc thats why I considered him to be the strongest. He stomped the corps while leaving Mogo during the start of Renegade.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be totally honest I have found this Aquaman to be rather sloppy.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Hal said that the Gauntlet is equivalent to 12 rings in the latest issue. Arthur might be a city buster with trident.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@ashrym said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:
    @ashrym said:
    @vinomonster said:

@ashrym: I think he is now on the same tier like Diana.. Having poseidons trident makes him more powerful than ever.

He was actually on her same tier as Diana before the upgrade, at least while she wasn't in unbound mode. That was displayed in their inconclusive combats and his other showings against Hercules, Swamp Thing, and MMH. She acknowledged it on panel, as well.

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure what Wonder Woman is showing to still be on his level, other than her speed and combat skill, but she had that before. He just demonstrated the ability to instantly end a confrontation that she did not in Aquaman 46 facing the elite atlantean agents sent after him.

No Caption Provided

There's also this scene in Forever Evil before the Poseidon Blessing.

To be honest though I felt in the second encounter against Atlantis elite Wonder Woman faired better then what Aquaman did.

Something I'd like touched upon by a writer would be Aquaman's speed reaction/travel/perceiving I feel like it's been hinted at but nothing to certain. I'd also like to see the training he received whether in Atlantis or in his solo travels across the world hunting Manta which the fact he has training has been hinted at as well.

I noticed she seemed to be doing better in that second encounter, but he was soloing them and Garth in the first encounter in CQC. I was wondering if she's not amped up somewhere with the new outfit as well.

Arthur didn't fight Garth in issue 43 at best the had like tridents standoff they talked decided fight Thule monster instead so no he didn't solo Garth hell they didn't even fight the only ones Arthur fought and beat where those sea creatures came with Garth

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: @ecstaticgrace: Arthur and Garth didn't fight issue 43 all was two tridents clashing one another and Arthur talk some sense into Garth yeah neither showed full abilities both holding back I would like fight between them but didn't happen.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: those where sea creatures that Arthur defeated or fended in those panels, Garth and Arthur didn't fight in any panels all that showed in panel was two tridents clashing and Arthur talking some sense into Garth Liked I said no actual fight between them.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: That agree to disagree from want was shown no fight between them beside the tridents clash you say happened off panel seriously doubt it my point view no fight between them like said agree to disargee.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: dude l do have issue 43 during six panels you keeping talking about Arthur and Garth clashing with tridents in one panel the other five panels Arthur beating other Atlantis elite until Garth jump in six panel had tridents clash then Thule war engine appear behind them Arthur talking some sense into Garth about attacking it together.

Don't know where you getting idea fight between Arthur and Garth in this issue other clash tridents only fight happened between Arthur and other Atlantis elite but by all means post fight between Arthur and Garth and Arthur beating him l like to see it shame didn't happen in my book.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur was a low top tier before Poseidon's trident with it he's a mid top tier

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.