Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4625 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman and Heat

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently I have been thinking about how many people have the belief Aquaman has a weakness to heat. That all it takes is some fire and he dries out and is helpless. I highly disagree with that notion. In fact I believe that it isn't simple heat that bothers him, but rather dryness in particular.

Prolonged exposure to heat blasts from Black Manta only succeed in giving Arthur some superficial burns. And swimming into a lava vent while the Dead King, Atlan melted and Arthur swam out, unharmed by the lava seemed to be no big deal to him. A potassium explosion triggered by Batman didn't slow him down. He has even taken blasts from Neutron, who is essentially a walking nuclear reactor.

And there are other ones that I didn't even include that show Aquaman not being bothered by heat. His one bad desert experience couldn't have been due to the weather alone when Arthur has been exposed to higher temperatures and been just fine.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He is pretty much as durable as Superman and Wonder Woman the only weakness I see in him is water deprivation.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: I didn't mean in the sense that he can't be harmed by heat. That much was proven by the Black Manta scans. My intent was to prove that just hitting him with it isn't going to start drying him out and render him ineffective, which is a belief many have.

Also the volcano god should logically be hotter than normal lava. And it should also be well into the heavy hitting league since it presented a huge threat to Arthur. I just don't think fire itself is a weakness to him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
    @blackwind said:

@justthatkid: I didn't mean in the sense that he can't be harmed by heat. That much was proven by the Black Manta scans. My intent was to prove that just hitting him with it isn't going to start drying him out and render him ineffective, which is a belief many have.

Also the volcano god should logically be hotter than normal lava. And it should also be well into the heavy hitting league since it presented a huge threat to Arthur. I just don't think fire itself is a weakness to him.

Karaku did more damage to Arthur than any of the heroes he fought just looking at his bashed up face. Definitely in the heavy hitting league do more than crazy Hercules or homicidal MMH, for example.

True, true. Karaku is the size of a mountain. So that much force is clearly gonna hurt. And it definitely seemed to hit him harder than anyone else he has fought. Not even Atlan beat him up that badly.

@ashrym: Well according to some of the CV Logic he is a "God" so duh... Thats how you win battle threads ;P

A lot of Aquaman villains have been extremely more durable in my opinion then the rest of the league. In TOA we have Aquaman punch Superman a pretty good distance away later his SuperchargedMeraBlastingStratosphericPunch didn't even put a dent into the Karaquan.

And the "he's a god" argument is laaaaaame. I can point out plenty of fictional gods who got rekt by humans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.