Follow

Jackson Hyde

Character » Jackson Hyde appears in 214 issues.

Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm is the son of the infamous villain Black Manta, Aquaman's nemesis. With his Xebel-born mother's hydrokinetic abilities and Atlantean physiology, he fights for justice as a member of the Teen Titans, Young Justice and along with his mentor, Aquaman.

Aqualad is a Human ???

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ok am I missing something here ? On Aqualad's (Kaldur'ahm) page it said he is human ? Whisky Tango Foxtrot ! Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think humans can breath under water and have super strangth and other stuff ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Alright I did some more reserch on Aqualad and his father Black Manta was a human. So that means his mother has to be a Atlantean. So that would make Aqualad a hybrid. If his mother is a human to then Aqualad would be a mutant.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

No, he's not.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#4  Edited By AssertingValor

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Atlantean/human hybrid isn't an origin option at the moment......

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

@ReVamp: Do you know who his mother was, i stopped reading before that was revealed, I was guessing that it was Mera's evil sister

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp: Do you know who his mother was, i stopped reading before that was revealed, I was guessing that it was Mera's evil sister

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the sister, but I'm not sure if it was revealed who the mother was.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

@ReVamp: Thanks, I have to finish Brightest Day, but I heard it became meh at the end

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@BlackArmor: Yes, the beginning was better than the end.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By DarthShap

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp: Thanks, I have to finish Brightest Day, but I heard it became meh at the end

The problem with the ending is that Johns and Tomasi tried to tie everything together and it felt forced, the threat came out of nowhere and the resolution was a deus ex machina without any connection to previous developments.

As of Aqualad, his mother was not Atlantean, she came from Xebel, another underwater city, like Mera.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

@DarthShap: Thanks, but now I'm not so sure about finishing Brightest Day....

Edit, was the person from Xebel Siren or someone else?

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By DarthShap

@BlackArmor said:

She was, and she also was Mera's "evil twin sister". However, I doubt she was Aqualad's mother but it was not very clear and I do not have my comics here with me.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatteredArmor

@DarthShap said:

@BlackArmor said:

She was, and she also was Mera's "evil twin sister". However, I doubt she was Aqualad's mother but it was not very clear and I do not have my comics here with me.

Thanks again, I hope Siren is his mother because unless something happened to her in part 2 I think that would be the most interesting option

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ok so if Aquqlad's mother came from Xebel. Then Aqualad would be a Human Alien Hybrid.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I dug up some more info on Aqualad. Recently Siren, Mera's sister, has escaped with several Xebel soldiers, with an intention to kill Aquaman. She reveals Mera had originally been sent to kill Arthur, but failed in her job. It is also revealed they did experiments on a boy named Jackson Hyde, who is the son of Black Manta, Aquaman's arch-rival, and Jackson's mother. This meant that Black Manta killing Aquaman's and Mera's son was not just because of Mera, like Mera had blamed Arthur.His mother died in the experiments but Jackson survived and gained powers from it. He has joined Aquaman as Aqualad. Siren and the Xebel soldiers have taken their fight to the surface, attacking a sunny beach full of people, claiming that everything on land belonged to them because life started in the oceans. Aquaman and Aqualad try to fight the large amount of soldiers attacking and save the "land-dwellers" from the Xebel soldiers.

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By etamogrey77

yup thats it and i actually like how they potray him in both yj animated and the comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.