Alucard Respect Thread
As good as he is, I can't help but feel that his character is too cheap. Short of erasing him from time which I;m sure he'll find someway of coming back from, his full power form is almost on dragonball power proportions. However, still much respect for his character since he almost wants to die, and has depth as a character.
"Tenjin said:The card guy is Tubalcain Alhambra. He's awesome and a member of "The Lost Battalion" (ie The Nazis)"Agreed
he is my fav from Hellsing then goes Alexander then that card guy.....forgot his name"
Though I don't knew who the Card guy is....
"hey did your know that alucard is an anagram of Dracula"Um, yeah. It's from the original novel.
Well then when Anderson had turned into a monster (and only a man can kill a monster), Alucard couldn't have killed Anderson unless Alucard was a man. During that fight, Alucard had finally acknowledged anderson as a monster and not a man. Yet a monster had killed a monster."And StaticFalconar I think you're wrong. Dude we don't need a time rift. Alaucard has told us the secret to killing him a thousand times. Remember what he told Anderson? "Only a man can kill a monster..." I think toward the last volume that was released in the states, Alucard was really thinking Anderson might kill him, then to his horror Anderson goes and becomes something other than human and in a way it breaks Alucard's heart.
The only person to truly defeat alucard was the original hellsing; its the reason why alucard pledges his alliagence to the hellsing organization. However, that is defeat, not kill for some reason. It will not be known for some time (or at all) whether the original Hellsing had a chance to kill alucard or merely (for intents and purposes) had defeated alucard enough to get alucard to join his side (still a big feat).
I never liked Walt (the reason for him being a turncoat wasn't really explained), Alexander (just a rabid dog who liked the young orphans of the church a little too much for my taste; What the the difference between a priest and acne?) , or Pip (only worthwhile thing he did was die).
Seras I liked, but that might just have been because of her big breasts. Alucard sure knows how to pick them.
@TheDrifter: @Unbelonger: @Acer: @Cake:
- Immortality: This ability is rather ambiguous, as Alucard himself has stated that immortality is a myth. However, what it most likely refers to is the human souls inside Alucard; it has been speculated that, when damaged by blow that would have killed or incapacitated him such as exceedingly holy weapons, the damage is instead directed to his reservoir of souls. Because this ability doesn't really grant him true immortality, it can be considered as psuedo-immortality. Although, this ability is no longer the source of his immortality after he absorbed Schrodinger's soul which did grant him immortality. Before he absorbed Schrodinger, Alucard states he's now "hungry", and starts to absorb the dead city of London, after which his soul count was equal to three million, four hundred and twenty-four thousand, eight hundred and sixty-seven. However, the "soul count" theory is just a fan theory, and has never been definitively proven. But it was stated by Anderson that this was the reason for him not being able to kill Alucard.
- Regeneration: Alucard's ability to regenerate is considerably greater than any other vampire's. He has regenerated from a pool of blood and from being blown to shreds by gunfire, incinerated completely, etc. When damaged to an extreme extent, his body simply turns into a shadow-like substance and reconstitutes. Exceedingly holy weapons have been shown to incapacitate him for a time, but even Anderson augmented with Helena's Nail could do no permanent harm to him. While regenerating against Anderson, he became a shadow entity at one point.
- Superhuman accuracy: Alucard has been known to hit targets at great range using handguns while looking the other way. He does this by using his so-called 'third eye'.
- Superhuman strength: The extent is unknown, but Alucard can physically rip humans and vampires apart with ease. He can slice through Tubalcain's card which is sharp and strong enough to easily cut through a uranium shell propelled at it without the slightest damage to the card. He can rip right through body armor with ease and lifted a falling fighter jet with just his upper body and didn't use any of his arms.
- Superhuman speed: He can move faster than can be seen. He can quickly move up a large building while appearing as a glint of light to Tubalcain identical to how Luke was appearing to Alucard
- Superhuman reflexes: he has demonstrated the ability to catch bullets (both Rip Van Winkle's and ordinary ones). He caught Rip Van Winkle's magic bullet, which punctured a SR-71 moving down at Mach 2.8+ speed several times in rapid succession before causing it to explode and intercepted missiles, with ease.
- Intangibility: The ability to pass through solid objects.
- Superhuman agility: The ability to defy gravity to an uncertain limit. He is also seen leaping impossible distances and can go up vertical surfaces.
- Shadow manipulation: Manipulation of shadows into physical form, which he can then use however he wishes.
Shape-shifting: Alucard can transform himself or parts of himself into bats, insects, snakes, hell hounds, other human forms including a little girl, an amorphous mass of darkness, and many other forms. Alucard has four known human forms, each with different characteristics and weapons. He also states that his form means nothing and that he can take any form that he chooses.
- Weather control: The ability to control the weather to an unknown limit, as demonstrated by the fog created when he returned to London aboard the H.M.S Eagle.
- Illusions:The ability to cast illusions, such as when he tricked Walter into seeing Luke Valentine as himself.
- Teleportation: The ability to disappear and reappear somewhere else.
- Telekinesis: In the manga, Alucard uses telekinesis to close a door on a fleeing SWAT officer. He also launched six SWAT officers into the air and guided them to flag poles where they were impaled. Alucard is later seen moving a broken down air-craft carrier from the Gulf of Italy to the Dover of London all in a little less than 40 minutes, only traveling at a few knots.
- Telepathy: Alucard can speak telepathically to his fledgling.
- Mind control and hypnosis: (fans sometimes call it the "Love Beam" after a remark from Pip).
- Summoning: The ability to summon familiars, the souls of those whose blood he has sucked in a variety of forms that either sprout from his body or swarm around him as an army numbering in the millions. These familiars can also include animals such as horses and the weapons and abilities that the familiars possessed in life, but Alucard can only use this ability when Control Art Restriction System Level Zero is released.
- Bloodsucking: The ability to suck a person's blood and absorb their soul and, consequently, their knowledge and memories. (He learns more about Millennium after absorbing Tubalcain.) He can also absorb blood through his clothes and skin, as he does with Luke Valentine's blood after his hell hound had eaten Luke's body. Alucard can draw in blood over vast distances (at least throughout the city of London).
- Hibernation: Alucard is able to survive long periods of time without consuming blood, but is able to fight at a usual level of strength after drinking even the smallest bit of blood.
- Immunity to vampiric weaknesses: His abilities and health are not in any way compromised by such things as sunlight or silver. In fact, it appears that the only weapons capable of harming him to any real extent are the most holy of Christian artifacts, such as Father Anderson after augmenting his abilities with Helena's Nail (a nail, which was from the True Cross, which crucified Jesus Christ, and was blessed in his blood) but even that did no permanent, or even lasting, damage.
- 'Supernatural sense': The ability to sense supernatural activity (In The Dawn, a prequel to Hellsing, Alucard knew the Captain was a werewolf the moment he saw him, and in the OVA, he could see the blessings on Father Anderson's bayonets).
- Combat experience: In addition to his superhuman abilities, Alucard also possesses centuries of combat experience. While he usually relies on crushing his opponents with sheer power, he does at times use strategy. When he fought Alhambra, Alucard used shadow duplicates to distract him, allowing Alucard to close the distance between them and deliver the death blow.
- Schrödinger's powers: At the end of the series, Alucard has acquired Schrödinger's quantum reality manipulation powers after absorbing him during the Millennium incident. This grants him the ability to exist wherever and however he wishes to. This enables him to be omnipresent at any given time.
When he was capture by Hellsing they experimented on him and turned him into what they called the "ultimate undead" but when he was left at full power all the time it was deemed too destructive so they placed restrictions on him. On his own he can release himself up to level 1:
He can only go all out if the head of Hellsing (Integra) gives him the order basically he unleashes even single soul he's ever drained (in the millions apparently) and creates an army of undead:
i noticed that many of alucard's feats in the comicvine wiki are missing, and some are incorrect. can somebody please edit it? i can't seem to do it. here are the feats that are missing, and the prove that they exist
-with schrodinger's powers, he can be inside and outside of existence, as explained by the major. He is everywhere and nowhere.
Nowhere meaning he can be outside of existence, which also means that he cannot be erased from existence, since there is nothing to erase. As shown when he absorbed schrodinger, he was erased from existence, as part of the major's plan to eliminate alucard. But after alucard acquired schrodinger's powers, he returned back into existence.
Everywhere meaning alucard can be in multiple places at once, not just in the mental realm, but also in the real world. as shown during rip van winkle's death, schrodinger was carrying a tv to send a message to rip van winkle, and in the tv, schrodinger was standing beside the major.
as shown when he created fog when he arrived in london
depends on how many souls he has. as shown in seras's fight with zorin, when zorin tried to read her mind, she can't, because her mind was mixed with pip's. and thats just 2 soul counts
besides giving him superhuman accuracy, the third eye has other abilities too. it allows alucard to see clearly in the dark and allow him to see objects which are far away as if they were just right in front of him.
the third eye also gives alucard x-ray vision, allowing him to see through solid objects. as shown by seras when she was clearing the hellsing mansion of vampires, she was able to see her targets who were a few levels below her, and fired at them through the floor. third eye also allows alucard to see through illusions, as proven when seras saw through zorin's illusions.
-Blood Summoning (soul absorbing)
as shown during his fight with walter, alucard summoned a sea of blood to him, and regained all the souls he has released at level 0, plus the souls of anyone who had died on the battlefield.
In The Dawn, a prequel to Hellsing, Alucard knew the Captain was a werewolf the moment he saw him, and in the OVA, he could see the blessings on Anderson's bayonets as well as the holy barrier.
alucard is not immortal, he said so himself. he lives off the souls he had devoured, and as a vampire, he does not age.
alucard can survive long periods of time without consuming blood, but is able to fight at a usual level of strength after drinking even the smallest bit of blood, as shown when integra found him.
Alucard devours souls through blood. the soul not necessary need to be human, as alucard has been seen summoning horses and the hellhound baskerville as his familiars.
Alucard can summon any soul trapped within him. the familiars summoned possesses the same abilities as their original owners. They are extensions of alucard, If alucard dies, so does his familiars. This was shown when helena anderson nearly killed alucard. As alucard burns, so does all his familiars..
There are shown to be six levels of restriction and six corresponding states, with lower numbers meaning greater levels of power. they also has an affect on his appearance and fighting methods as well.
System Restriction Level 2 and above
Up to level 1, Alucard usually takes his "Count-form". even with his new personality, he still takes the form he once had as Count Dracula. In this state, he fights with his guns most of the time, and is also able to use his shadow manipulation magic.
System Restriction Level 1
In his level 1 form, Alucard usually wears the black leather coat, and prefers fighting in hand-to-hand combat as well as using shadow manipulation magic. however, he can also use firearms. It is also likely that he only can summon his familiars in this release state, as shown when he needed to go level 1 to summon his hellhound baskerville in the fight against luke valentine. His level 1 form is also his strongest form, as he used it to fight stronger opponents like helena anderson and adult vampirized walter.
System Restriction Level 0
Level 0 is the highest level and it allows alucard to have full access to all his powers, and also makes him much stronger than his previous states. but upon releasing this state, he will release all the the souls trapped within him, leaving him with only 1 soul count (his own original soul). he will also be in his original human form at the start, though he could change his form after that.
Even though alucard only has 1 soul count left at level 0, he could recall all the souls that he had released and also the souls of those who were killed, using blood summoning as mentioned earlier, giving him more souls than he had originally.
- Claymore Sword
Alucard used the claymore sword throughout his human life during the 15th century, during the time when fighting a war with the Ottoman Turks thus making this sword his primary weapon over the centuries before the dual handguns during the present time. alucard has been shown to handle the sword skillfully, when he was fighting alexandre anderson with it.
- Thompson Sub-machine Gun (Tommy Gun)
Alucard fought using the tommy gun in The Dawn, when he and walter were sent to fight the major.
Please Log In to post.
This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.