Follow

Alpha

Character » Alpha appears in 24 issues.

An average fifteen-year-old given extraordinary abilities by an experiment gone wrong, leading him to become the sidekick to Spider-Man. After misusing his powers in a mission with the Avengers, he was depowered by the web-head. However, he has since been repowered by Doc Ock possessing Peter Parker's body.

Alpha gets a new mini series

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

Yep you read that right. Alpha is getting a 5 issue mini series in February 2013 courtesy of writer Joshua Hale Fialkov and artist Nuno Plati. The events of Amazing Spider-Man 700 will lead directly into Alpha's mini series. Alpha's moving to Pittsburgh too in an effort by Marvel to spread their heroes across America rather than keep them in New York. Good call in my opinion. And Fialkov is giving himself the difficult task of changing everyone's perception of Alpha as a massive douchebag. He'll need all the luck he can get there. First Morbius gets a new series spinning out of Amazing Spide and now Alpha has a new mini series. The Spider-Man family seems to be growing ever bigger. Here's an authentic source to prove I'm not making this up: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/02/spider-mans-sidekick-gets-the-spotlight and below is a picture to the first cover of the mini series I believe. What do you guys think of this? Does Alpha deserve a mini series or should he have stayed in obscurity?

No Caption Provided
    The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cute

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lvenger

@The Poet: It blows my theory that Spider-Man would kill him in issue 700 out of the water. Still at least it confirms my suspicions that Marvel had plans for Alpha.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Hmm... I don't particularly like Alpha, but with Fialkov writing, I might check it out. He's a favorite of mine.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lvenger

@Imagine_Man15: I think that's why they gave Alpha a great writer, to make sure misconceptions about him were balanced out by the writer. Will Fialkov still be writing I Vampire or is that title finishing?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I've been enjoyed I, Vampire a lot. Failkov writing that. I'm willing to check it out

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SmashBrawler

I only hope I, Vampire isn't cancelled. I have zero interest on Alpha.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@Lvenger said:

@Imagine_Man15: I think that's why they gave Alpha a great writer, to make sure misconceptions about him were balanced out by the writer. Will Fialkov still be writing I Vampire or is that title finishing?

I don't think I, Vampire is going away. I certainly hope not.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Lvenger said:

Just checked the January solicitations and there's no hint of I Vampire ending soon. I take it you're reading that series?

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@Lvenger said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Lvenger said:

Just checked the January solicitations and there's no hint of I Vampire ending soon. I take it you're reading that series?

I pick it up when I have room in my budget to

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Rixec

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Hmm... I don't particularly like Alpha, but with Fialkov writing, I might check it out. He's a favorite of mine.

I think the point was to make him not likable at first. He was to be the anti-Peter, the person Peter could have been if not for Uncle Ben's death. Now we get to see Alpha get a similar treatment in the miniseries to see how much (if any) he's grown.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.