Follow

Alpha Lanterns

Team » Alpha Lanterns appears in 55 issues.

A subdivision of the Green Lantern Corps, the Alpha Lanterns serve as the Guardians' Internal Affairs officers and are powerful shock-troopers.

Ouch.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Paragon

Is it just me, or did it look like the Lanterns were almost mugged by the surgery equipment, then put through a painful process. In one panel Boodikka looked both surprised and uncomfortable.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NiteFly

I was a bit disturbed by what had happened. These corps members had volunteered for what they seemed to believe was the promotion of a lifetime, but (seemingly) were robbed by the guardians of their very souls. I am a big fan of horror movies and literature, but that actually gave me a bit of a chill. I think that D.C. is going to continue giving a darker, and darker view of the guardians of the universe now that Ganthet has left their ranks.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Methos

yeah... the Alpha Lantern project actually looks a hell of a lot darker than everyone assumed it would be...

did everyone else spot the "Black Lanterns" hint in that issue?

M

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Paragon

Methos says:

"yeah... the Alpha Lantern project actually looks a hell of a lot darker than everyone assumed it would be...did everyone else spot the "Black Lanterns" hint in that issue?M"

You bet I did. So, I take it the Guardian was tainted by the Anti-Monitor.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Methos

not sure... not really sure what they have planned...

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"yeah... the Alpha Lantern project actually looks a hell of a lot darker than everyone assumed it would be...M"

Because of what I'd read in interviews and stuff the Alpha Lanterns didn't catch me off guard. I figured they'd be dark, soulless servants of the Guardians that no one would really like or want to be around. What tripped me up was when John Stewart was offered the job. For a second I thought they'd make him accept just to shake things up and I was glad when he didn't.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By NiteFly

Completely agreed. I would hate for that to have happened to John. I bet he's glad that he didn't choose as well.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Copy

What issue is this?

Warrior-4-ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Warrior-4-ever
    Paragon said:
    "

Is it just me, or did it look like the Lanterns were almost mugged by the surgery equipment, then put through a painful process. In one panel Boodikka looked both surprised and uncomfortable.

"

I didn't like that at all. Boodika looked like she was raped from her facial expession. I didn't like the idea of the Alpha Lanterns being robots/cyborgs to begin with but I didn't like that the whole procedure was forced on the Lanterns like that. It made the Guardians look like they don't care about the GLs at all.
    Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Platinumwarrior

YEa really if the manhunters went rouge then they guardians should have known the Alpha lanterns are going to

Warrior-4-ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Warrior-4-ever

Honestly I don't think the Alpha Lanterns will be around past Final Crisis.

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Platinumwarrior

I dont think DCU will be around after Final Crisis o.O

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By warlock360
    Warrior-4-ever said:
    "Honestly I don't think the Alpha Lanterns will be around past Final Crisis."
    Didnt they turn on the GL corps?
    Warrior-4-ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Warrior-4-ever
    Voidheart said:
    "Warrior-4-ever said:
    "Honestly I don't think the Alpha Lanterns will be around past Final Crisis."
    Didnt they turn on the GL corps?
    "

I'm not sure. I haven't really been following the comics lately due to not being in the country. I know Kraven or whatever her name is turns on Hal because she is under someone else's control [ We're already finding out that automating GL's into for all intents and purposes mindless robots was a bad idea] during Final Crisis. I honestly don't expect them to be around long. If they survive Final Crisis I don't think they'll make it through Blackest Night. They'll either be killed off by these evil Corps. coming out or it will be retconned out and Boodika and the others were never automated into robots at all.
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Silver Knight75

The Alpha Lanterns were a bad idea from the beginning. They are just Lanterns that were transformed into Manhunters, another mistake made by the Guardians. Plus they can still be corrupted, like the case with Kraken being possessed by Granny Goodness.

Warrior-4-ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Warrior-4-ever

Well they lasted longer than I thought. Despite the buildup they really haven't amounted to anything. Just ruined a bunch of characters for one of Geoff Johns' stupid ideas. The biggest disappointment was when they finally got their free will and personalities back. You figured there would be some fallout/backlash. You figured one of them would go "What did you do to me? You turned me into a monster!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.