Follow

Alan Scott

Character » Alan Scott appears in 2027 issues.

Alan Scott, the bearer of the mystical Starheart, is the original Golden Age Green Lantern and a founding member of the Justice Society of America. An all-time great, Alan continues to fight for truth, justice and freedom well into old age as a member of the Justice Society. He has now been introduced as an iconic gay character in DC's new reboot, Infinite Frontier.

Alan Scott's personality

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XLR87T3

I have to do an essay, and I need to know Green Lantern's personality. I said he was wise, fun to be around, and understanding, but I really don't have any examples or proof. Please help!

Edit: THE STRAIGHT ALAN SCOTT

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

His personality is fabulous.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should of picked Hal...

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tacos_kickass: lol I saw what you did there. It's FABULOUS!!! ( snaps fingers)

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: I don't get the reference. Please answer the OP's request of examples of Alan Scott's personality. Thank you.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: ummm it was a joke. A play on the word "fabulous" as used by gay men to denote they're doing well aka " fabulous".

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XLR87T3
    XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Alan is gay now???

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@xlr87t3:

Alan Scot ( pre Flashpoint) had a nobility and sense of honor that stood him above many heroes.

He was the inspiration that led to many of National comics Golden Age mystery men taking up the fight ( many listing him in their early issues as such)

He was selfless and dedicated and gave much of himself. He did however hold himself to a higher standard than almost any comics hero.

For example in All Star Squadron 20 after battling the Brainwave in his mental world and believing him self to be the bringer of death he believed that none should wield the power he had and to protect mankind was prepared to destroy himself and his power so that it could not be used again.

No Caption Provided

This theme plays though his stories a lot. When fighting Ian Karkull Alan Fails to protect a boy from a falling tree. The result was that he resigns from the JSA. He told his team mates if he hadn't been stretched so thin and tired he would have thought of a way to save the boy.

When during JSA Strange tales Lord Dynamo promised untold scientific and medical breakthroughs in exchange for the power devices of Green Lantern and Starman Alan thought he should not have put his own concerns ahead of so many others.

No Caption Provided

Alan was the type of selfless individual who always put everyone before himself. To some degree this cost him as he put the good of the greater community so far ahead of himself he wasn't even aware of his own children's conception, or the love of the woman he loved.

When he became aware just like everyone else they came before him too.

No Caption Provided

He takes upon himself a greater responsibility than merely being a hero. The Green Flame ( the good magic that was part of the starheart) chose him to be the recipient of it's power because it knew he would strive more than any other to keep the evil power within in check

No Caption Provided

Hope that helps

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You didn't have to answer anything but let this pathetic thread rot, but just like the true Green Lantern you showed consideration for our fellow viners and contributed more in your post than anyone here! For that, I give you my thanks, hero!

Also, I didn't know Jesse Quick had authentic runner's legs. That's what I'm talking about!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.