5 Developments From Agents of SHIELD: Season 4, Episode 3 [Spoilers]

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD may have taken a week off, but the action and problems continue in another explosive episode. We've seen conflict with the supernatural as ghosts have appeared along with the introduction of Ghost Rider. As a result of the ghosts, Agent May's life is now threatened. At the same time, the Inhumans are being thrown into the spotlight as a new group is calling for an end to the required registration from the Sokovia Accords. They feel Inhumans shouldn't be forced to sign just because they have special abilities.

Warning: Spoilers for Season 4, Episode 3 of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, "Uprising," will be discussed below.

Inhumans Uprising

An Inhuman resistance group has gone public. After causing a city-wide blackout in Miami, they threaten to blackout a city each hour until the required registration is stopped. Jeffrey, the new Director, sends Coulson, Mack, and Fitz to Miami to investigate the group and locate Yo-Yo.

The President puts pressure on the Director to put an end to the Inhuman terrorists. Surprised by the group's technology and global reach, Coulson and his team discover their true purpose.

Daisy Finds Out More About Robbie Reyes

No Caption Provided

Daisy and Robbie came to a bit of an understanding. Robbie is seeking vengeance and Daisy wants to stop the Watchdogs, the anti-Inhuman group. Robbie talks about his Uncle Eli, who worked at the Momentum facility where the ghosts were seen last episode. He was put in the penitentiary for attempted manslaughter. Eli raised Robbie and his brother Gabe. He says he's a "good man who did a bad thing."

When the power goes out in LA, Robbie and Daisy come to Gabe's aid as gangbangers threaten to steal his wheelchair. During the fight, Daisy uses her powers and suffers more bone fractures on her forearm. They head back to the Reyes' house, and Robbie goes out to take care of looters in the city as Ghost Rider. Gabe isn't aware of Robbie's "night job," but later, Gabe tells Daisy he figured she is Quake and wanted by the authorities. He only wants good people around his brother and says he'll keep her secret if she leaves before Robbie returns.

Radcliffe and Simmons Kill May to Save Her

When one of the other gang leaders infected by the ghost dies, Simmons calculates May has about 24 hours until she suffers the same fate. May was taken to a CDC facility in upstate New York but is being transferred to Doctor Radcliffe's place. Radcliffe makes sure Aida, the LMD (Life Model Decoy), is put away before they arrive.

May's brain is going into overdrive. She's literally being scared to death. Radcliffe deduces they need to reboot her brain, like a computer. In order to do that, they have to kill her. Simmons reluctantly agrees. As the time comes to resuscitate May, the power cuts out. Radcliffe uses Aida's power source so Simmons can revive May.

SHIELD Goes Public

No Caption Provided

With the Watchdogs having a mysterious new backer, the public needs to know what's going on. Inhumans are being feared, and it needs to be clear they weren't responsible for the blackouts. It also seems the classified list of Inhumans registering is being leaked to the Watchdogs.

The Director lets the public know it was extremists that caused the blackouts. He reassures them they will be safe now that SHIELD has returned.

The Mysterious Watchdogs Backer

Senator Rota Nadeer is very outspoken over the potential threat of the Inhumans' existence. As Director Jeffrey makes his announcement about SHIELD, she's talking to someone over the phone about what's going on. She feels SHIELD will simply become a puppet for the Inhumans and is pleased to hear that 17 were eliminated during the blackouts. As she leaves the room, we see her brother is an Inhuman, stuck in a Terrigenesis cocoon.

Thoughts

No Caption Provided

With the blackouts, we got to see Coulson, Mack, and Fitz in action in the field. Along with Yo-Yo, it was great seeing them handle a threat using their fists and brains, especially in Fitz's case.

We get closure on May being infected, but the ghosts are still out there. There's mention of Robbie's Uncle Eli being associated with the lab. It's interesting finding out more about his past. It appears Eli will be different from his comic book counterpart. We're not sure what Ghost Rider's connection is to the Darkhold book mentioned last episode, but Daisy and Robbie are developing an interesting work relationship. Daisy may have left, but we can hope they'll come back together since Ghost Rider will continue to appear in upcoming episodes.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I quit watching this crap because of the Inhumans. Glad to see that wasn't a mistake.

vlonewolfv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Another great episode of SHIELD!

ObiWanKevobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ObiWanKevobi

Overall enjoying this! Also, I think it's supposed to say "steal" not "steel" his wheelchair.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is improving wish it was more popular

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This show has improved so much since season 1. And Robbie needs his own series.

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another great episode from my favorite comic book show. It keeps getting better and better. I do worry about it being not as popular as it deserves to be based on the limited comments on here.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

It really puts into perspective how much smarter Tony Stark is than these genius', it took Radcliffe years to develop a pseudo arc-reactor that is significantly inferior to the design Stark came up with with a box of scraps in a cave.

The stuff with Watchdogs and S.H.I.E.L.D. going public does bug me, because this is when you might expect characters from the films to play some sort of role/their presence be felt.

Additionally, Inhumans are now a known quantity, are the films just going to ignore that fact until 202X when/if they release an Inhumans film?

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
    Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

I'm only watching this show because of the Ghost Rider so I was really disappointed from this week's episode(don't really care about the other characters)...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Stahlflamme

I really liked the episode. And the first fight scene against the watchdogs was shot really great a vast improvement over the tracking shot in the season 3 finale. Also loved Yoyos bit at the EMP device.

I wonder what path they go with Eli, he clearly isn't the spirit posessing Robbie, since he is still alive apparently, but I doubt they altered the satanistic serial killer into a loving uncle and all around good guy. I'm seeing the first betrayal of this season coming.

Another thing I'm wondering is, if Jeffrey is on the list of inhumans. I mean did they shoot up his home address, while he was at the base? And if he isn't is it because the US kept him a secret from the UN or is he on a different less, because his powers aren't actually inhuman in nature. If he is on it we can probably expect the watchdogs to reveal this sooner or later to lend to their shield as an inhuman puppet claims.

@rogueshadow said:

It really puts into perspective how much smarter Tony Stark is than these genius', it took Radcliffe years to develop a pseudo arc-reactor that is significantly inferior to the design Stark came up with with a box of scraps in a cave.

The stuff with Watchdogs and S.H.I.E.L.D. going public does bug me, because this is when you might expect characters from the films to play some sort of role/their presence be felt.

Additionally, Inhumans are now a known quantity, are the films just going to ignore that fact until 202X when/if they release an Inhumans film?

Stark just miniaturiazed his dads designs, thought, which was apparently something he and Vankos dad always intended to happen(which is just one of the thingd in Iron Man 2 I didn't like). Actually has he still developed anything, even the repulsors were shown to already be a thing during the second world war when Howard showed off his flying car... This kinda bothers me...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

Stark just miniaturiazed his dads designs, thought, which was apparently something he and Vankos dad always intended to happen(which is just one of the thingd in Iron Man 2 I didn't like). Actually has he still developed anything, even the repulsors were shown to already be a thing during the second world war when Howard showed off his flying car... This kinda bothers me...

The base design was bigger than most houses and he built it in 'a cave... with a box of scraps!!' His father didn't use repulsors to make the car lift, he used gravitic reversion technology.

He also came up with an an algorithm for the extremis virus while hung over and with little prior interest in the area, an algorithm that proved to be the basis of an entire A.I.M. team of genius' research for over a decade and couldn't get further than him. He also cured the extremis virus pretty easily when Pepper got it.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site talk about comic books?

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site talk about comic books? Back over to IGN.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

The ending when the Doctor talks about teamwork then Daisy cuts it off made me sad. After everything they've been through the team seems more divided than ever at this point.

ObiWanKevobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. Seeing as this is directly correlated to the Marvel universe I'd say this totally ties into comics. See ya!

@jim158 said:

This site talk about comic books? Back over to IGN.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also enjoyed this episode.

Even though I thought bringing in Zodiac this season as the focus would be a better approach, I still like Reyes.

Everything there doing with Inhumans reminds me of what happened with mutants. Soon the watchdogs will have their own sentinels and everything lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.